Sunday, June 29, 2014

How to Mathematically Predict Potential YouTube Views


Recently, I was looking at my YouTube analytics and I noticed a pattern in my statistics. I figured that I can accurately predict potential views in the future by finding a function that closely correlates to my statistics.

1. I suggest that you go to your analytics and look at your accumulative views (as shown in the videos). Grab a pen and some paper and write down the values. Your x values will be the number of days, and your y values will be the number of views you have acquired on that day. Copy down these values onto the paper.

2. Grab your graphing calculator. I'm using a TI-83 Plus. Press STAT. Press Edit... Plug in your x values in the L1 table, and plug views in the L2 table.

3. To make sure your data shows up on your calculator, press "y=" and make sure that Plot1 is highlighted. To high Plot1, hover the cursor above Plot1 and press enter. Then press GRAPH and dots should appear. You may need to adjust your window.

4. Now to find an appropriate function for your data, press STAT. Move over to CALC. Now there should be a list of functions--quadratic, exponential, sinusoidal, etc.--and choose one that would most likely fit with your data points. If you don't know how these functions look like, then you might have to go through each one and see what function works. Once you found a function press the function. I used ExpReg for my data. Press enter again, and it should give you values for that specific funtion.

5. Now take that data and plug it into the "y=". Press GRAPH. The graph should correlate closely to your data.

6. To look at your projections, press 2nd and GRAPH. An x and y graph should appear. Now you can look at all your projections in the future. The units are in days. For my channel, the function predicts that in 30 days I should have close to 7,000 views!

*****PLEASE READ*****

Although these stats look promising, it DOES NOT guarantee that you will obtain the predicted views. However, if you continue what you have been doing on YouTube, it is more likely that these predictions can become true. THESE ARE NOT CERTAIN PREDICTIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment